Pages

Books/Music and Running

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My 1/2 marathon is a little more than a month away and I'm getting bored listening to music. I signed up for AudioBooks to see if listening to books would help make my long runs easier to get through.

I don't know if it was that night that I was listening to the sample narrating of the books but everyone's voice was annoying me. Then I came upon a book written and narrated by Steve Martin, ShopGirl. I thought for my first book it would be nice to hear a familiar voice, plus I love the way Steve Martin pronounces words, he knows how to emphasize a word just right to make a point. It only took 3 runs to complete the book and now I have the movie ShopGirl set to record on my DVR.

After my run this morning I decided to go with a self-help book. I downloaded Success through a Positive Mental Attitude by Napoleon Hill and W Clement Stone.  It's 10 hours long that will get me through a few weeks of running. I thought I would give it a listen, I put on my headphones and laid down on my bed, I woke up a hour later. Not sure if that is a good sign for running.

I have been wanting to read a book that I read years ago Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I keep putting it off since my stack of books to read is about 3 feet high now. It is on AudioBooks I think it will be perfect re-read for running, I will be downloading it too.

Just incase the reading is not grabbing my attention while running I still wear my iPod that way I can switch over to music if I feel the need to change this up.

I will be skipping Wednesday Recipe Sharing this week, my planning is off this week.

Love and Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment